Search This Blog

Saturday, April 10, 2010

What I learned at the Ancestor Swap meet in Etowah County, Alabama

I just got back from Etowah County, where the Ancestor Swap meet occurred. It was a very pleasant meeting. I learned a few new things, got some great food, and, OH YEA, I meet some new cousins who will allow me to apply to the SAR as James Scott's descendant, and that will mean that I'll be the first one to use him! I can's thank Gloria and Wayne Gregg enough! This will be a huge step for me, but their hard work is the reason it's happening. I just happened to write them and they called me. I've done a bit of work, about 1 month on this branch, but they have been working on it for decades. Just goes to show how nice people really can be! I'm going to be updating the Scott family based on the information that I've now found, and I hope more people will see this site and contribute!

No comments:

Post a Comment