Search This Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Civil War Records

Since my last post I've been trying to piece together records of my family in the Civil War. Currently I'm using Footnote.com for the records and the site is extremely useful. So far I've been able to learn that my Grandfather White was actually a part of the battle over Mobile Bay and was a prisoner of war for a few months! Others in my family have been anything from privates in the infantry to lieutenants, and even a few in calvary units! Very useful, and I have even found physical descriptions of them from time to time. One uncle apparently had gray eyes, which I'm not so sure about honestly. Still, if you find relatives living in this time, try to look for war records. It adds a bunch of color to the family history.

No comments:

Post a Comment