Search This Blog

Friday, March 26, 2010

Family bibles

It's been a while since I updated this blog, but lately I haven't been working on the Phillips line. I've been instead working on my paternal grandmothers family, the Whites. Turns out all I needed to do was put in the information I got from Bible pages from Nancy White and I would have been able to do a bunch more. I have all the kids of Thomas Phillips (1791-??) who married an Elizabeth in Ancestry.com now, and it's now easier to figure out where my direct line lived from 1850 and after. Thomas' son, Thomas Jefferson "TJ" White, was living in Arkansas in 1850, then disappears, and shows up in 1861 in Jefferson County, Alabama to marry Sarah E. Morrison. Turns out he was living with his brother Russel in Coosa County in 1860, and somehow decided to marry in Jefferson County. Now to just find out where Thomas was back in 1840...his son/family may have been involved in a murder, and I'll post that when I get back home

No comments:

Post a Comment