Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

My brickwall

Well, you always hear about them, but never think it will happen to you. I'm now facing my first brick wall. Trying to connect Joseph Phillips to William Phillips is about as tough a job as I've ever endured. Debra Cochran has been a great deal of help here, because she claims to have a deed record implying that one of Joseph's kids bought up all the land his grandfather (William) owned. This appears to be the best option for me. The will does not appear to be easy to find (not that years looking for it wouldn't help), so if we can find that record it would make this a lot simpler.

If I'm lucky and Debra is correct, then the will exists, but no one knows where its located. Most likely, it's in Tennessee, but there's no guarantee. That grandchild may be the best chance I have to prove the link. Otherwise, the chances are limited. Still, I have all the records of Phillips' before 1900 in St Clair. I'm going to review what I have and see what I produce. Let's hope for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment